Interactive Travel Map


View "Vanny" - Travel Map in a larger map

27 June 2010

Week 26 - Worktop, Sink & Hob


Now that the splash-back has been fitted I can add the worktop with the sink and hob so that the water and gas can be connected. I began by cutting the worktop to size with a circular saw – width as well as length due to modifying the kitchen units. I then used a jigsaw to cut the hole for the sink and hob.  

When this was done, I was able to screw the sink in place and screw the worktop down to the units from underneath. Once in position, I ran some sealant around the sink and hob unit and also between the worktop and the splash-back.

I am not totally happy with the result of my sealant as there is a bit of a knack to it so I might remove the sealant for it to be redone at a later date. On the whole though, the kitchen area looks excellent and is really starting to take shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment