Interactive Travel Map


View "Vanny" - Travel Map in a larger map

12 June 2010

Week 24 - Gas Locker 2


Time to fit some of the steelwork. I started by cutting a new base for the cupboard and once I had the shape and size correct, I measured and cut the position for the gas locker to sit through. I could now see how the gas locker would look partially submerged in the kitchen unit and the replacement base could then be stained and varnished.

You can see the layout of the two cylinders in the picture below with the gas outlet and drop-out grills. There is also a regulator fitted to the top of one cylinder (don’t forget to include the additional height of the regulator when making your gas locker).

 The next task was fitting the kitchen top splash-back. This fits in neatly and screws against the wall of the van to give the carpet area a bit of protection from food, drink and water. I think it will look quite good when I fit the tops on the kitchen shelves.


No comments:

Post a Comment