Interactive Travel Map


View "Vanny" - Travel Map in a larger map

5 June 2010

Week 23 - Gas Locker 1


Having now got my gas locker, it was time to fit it. I had already checked underneath the van to work out the best locker position and for the placement of the drop-out holes. I then cut through the bottom floor of the larger cupboard with a jigsaw – accuracy wasn’t an issue because I would be putting in a replacement floor later, although this task would have been easier to do during the construction of the kitchen units.

From here I was then able to get in with a drill and hole saw to cut out where the drop out holes will go. I bought insert grills from eBay which were 50mm inside diameter so I cut 54mm holes which gave a perfect fit.
I also cut another hole which would act as a drop out point for any gas between the locker and the gas hobs.

In addition to the gas, a 32mm hole has been cut through the floor to allow for the waste water pipe to go into an external waste container. I will use a kitchen plug to fill this hole when the pipe is brought inside (when the van isn’t being used or when it is moving).

No comments:

Post a Comment