Interactive Travel Map


View "Vanny" - Travel Map in a larger map

19 June 2010

Week 25 - Gas Layout


Inside the gas locker the gas is connected up using flexible tube, but on the outside I used 8mm copper pipe which can be tricky to work with as it is hard to bend and essential that you get a good connection to prevent gas leaks.

I decided to fit a strengthened back panel in the cupboard in order to help prevent vibrations which would also help me layout exactly where everything will go and give me more depth to screw into. A tip I picked up a bit later is to run the copper pipe through a short piece of garden hose where it is fixed down and this will dampen any vibrations and help stop the pipe from juddering loose.

On this back panel I laid out where the gas pipe and waste water pipe would be fixed as well as adding a ball valve to cut off the gas should the regulator fail (just an extra security measure). I cut a hole with a hole saw to allow the water pipe to fit through and in the corner I fitted an alarm.

This alarm runs of a 9v battery and tests for smoke, gas leaks and carbon monoxide. It seems daft to have a smoke and carbon monoxide detector low down and in a cupboard but I am most worried about a gas leak at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment