Interactive Travel Map


View "Vanny" - Travel Map in a larger map

5 December 2010

Week 49 - Re-Wiring 2


While re-wiring the back of the van, I decided to do the same to the water pump and tap. I had been advised that connecting the microswitch in the tap directly to the water pump could blow the switch as it is not designed to take a very big load. The solution? To fit a 30A relay triggered by the microswitch which will then isolate it from the current running to the water pump. The downside of this was that I needed to fit a 2-way fusebox and a relay under the sink.

 After wiring everything up using the same methods of crimp terminals and electrical tape, I fixed the relay and fusebox (5A to the microswitch, 20A to the water pump) to the inside of the cupboard. The test worked perfectly so the electrics can now be boxed in without fear of blowing the switch.
I used wooden batons and a piece of ply to box the electrics in the corner without taking up too much storage space and the job’s a good ’un.

I do wish I had more of an idea of the electrics earlier in the build though as it would make this stage much easier if planned more beforehand.

No comments:

Post a Comment