Interactive Travel Map


View "Vanny" - Travel Map in a larger map

12 December 2010

Week 50 - Bike Rack


I ordered a bike rack (£39 including postage, eBay) to fit to the van. After a bit of research, I decided on a rack to carry 2 bikes which would fit to the van tow bar – more secure than those which hook over a car boot door.
By fitting to the tow bar, I figured there is much less chance of the rack not fitting to the van. The rack is surprisingly easy to fit and it’s really secure when connected on the tow bar.

Two further straps fit to the van doors and the arms can be positioned to grip the bikes in little holders with grooves and rubber ties. The only thing I would say is that the distance between these arms cannot be adjusted so it will not fit bikes with smaller frames very well - perfect for my needs though.
I do however need to get an extra number plate now as the original is covered up when the bikes are on.

Also, this week I added a 23 litre waste water tank which sits perfectly under the rear right-hand-side corner of the van where the waste water pipe comes. This tank fits snugly behind the double rear seats when not in use.

No comments:

Post a Comment