Interactive Travel Map


View "Vanny" - Travel Map in a larger map

27 November 2010

Week 48 - Re-Wiring 1


I decided to rewire the 12v sockets and the rear light at the back of the van. I fitted a separate 4 way fusebox in the end of the storage bench – one to the rear light, two to the sockets, and one spare. There is a 10A fuse for each of the sockets and a 2A fuse for the rear fluorescent light. I used wiring terminals to connect the cables up with the corresponding spade terminals used when fixing up to the fusebox. I used my wire crimpers then wrapped a piece of electrical tape round to secure it further.

I then wired up the fusebox, screwed it in place, and tested the light and sockets. All worked well, so I covered the wiring over with a panel made from a piece of ply which looks neater and protects the wiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment