Interactive Travel Map


View "Vanny" - Travel Map in a larger map

30 January 2011

Week 57 - Electrics 4

Well, now that I have my electrical diagram for the 230v side of things, I can begin work on putting it together. Each of the components are drilled for the flex and plastic bolts to pass through and then they are bolted to the shelf. The bolts are cut short so as not to interfere with the battery charger on the shelf below. I have also fitted 2 rubber grommets where the cables go between the two sections under the seats. These are slightly too small so had glued in place to prevent them coming loose – a bit of a bodge job. They will prevent the cables getting caught on rough edges where the drill has been used.


The parts can now be wired up, however I was delayed on two components, the incorrect selector switch was supplied (2 pole instead of 3 pole) and I had to order another 16A RCB for the consumer unit (it was supplied with one 16A and one 6A). Once I got these parts I could continue to wire them up. Some of the wiring must be done when the shelf is in place as it is already fixed down in the electrical space. It looks alright so far though.


On a separate issue, I have had trouble starting the van in the cold weather. The mechanic came out on Tuesday (thanks Andy) who has since replaced the main fuel pump - at a cost of £310. It is nice to have the van back working again and hopefully now the problem is sorted and it will be a bit more reliable. Early signs are promising!

No comments:

Post a Comment