Interactive Travel Map


View "Vanny" - Travel Map in a larger map

10 October 2010

Week 41 - 12v Sockets


It is time to make some modifications to the 12v socket at the rear of the van. I decided that I would fit a separate fusebox in this area which would take care of the rear light and an additional 12v socket. Accessing the socket from inside the inside of the bench storage unit is far from ideal too, so I decided that the sockets should be accessed without lifting the lid.

I measured up and mounted the 2 sockets on a piece of ply and then drilled corresponding holes through the end of the bench. I used sealant to fill in around the holes before positioning the sockets in from behind and tidying up the sealant. The sockets are now secured in place and can be wired up to the fusebox.

I also fitted three small battery powered LED lights just so that there is back-up light if there is a power failure or the batteries get flat. One is above the kitchen area (pictured) and two are fitted on the underside of the bunk bed panels.

No comments:

Post a Comment