Interactive Travel Map


View "Vanny" - Travel Map in a larger map

3 October 2010

Week 40 - Alarm


I have bought a wireless burglar alarm for Vanny. The alarm (about £10 from eBay) runs off four AA batteries and basically comprises of a PIR sensor and a siren. It also came with two remotes to turn the alarm off when entering the living area of the van. After a quick test in the kitchen I can confirm it is pretty damn loud!

I have fitted it is broad view of the side door window as a deterrent as much as anything. Hopefully it will stop any opportunistic thief who is peering through the window, and if not, it will certainly attract some notice when they set it off.

As well as the alarm, I have put some warning stickers up as an additional prevention measure. I think I will probably get a wheel lock in the future too.

No comments:

Post a Comment