Interactive Travel Map


View "Vanny" - Travel Map in a larger map

28 February 2010

Week 9 - Lights & Plug

This week I started by fixing the lights in place, being careful not to damage the wiring. Drilling through the carpet causes problems as threads get caught around the drill and strip out in a line, something to be aware of. The end product here looks good though.




I also added a light switch on the back of the cab divider near the side door. I wired the light back through the switch to the front passenger seats. My plan is to fit the leisure batteries under the front two passenger seats (providing there is enough room).


Next to the light switch, I fixed the single UK mains plug socket which I robbed out of the old caravan. It has a protective box on the back which looks neat and, more importantly, protects the mains cable wiring and the person who may otherwise come in contact with it. You can see in the picture below that the drill caused some of the carpet fibres to strip out when fitting the light switch - Grrr, I know this will annoy me a bit in the future...  
        ...it does.




I finished the week by strengthening the bunk bed panels and they now support plenty of weight and fit snugly between the sides of the van. There is not much clearance to the roof but I have no problems sleeping up there. This formed the finished structure of the bunk bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment